lout-users

Generic language listings

From: n54
Subject: Generic language listings
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 09:45:38 +0200

Hello,

Until now nearly everything is great and I'm discovering more and more features of Lout that I simply like.

One of the fields possible to be improved has been already discussed, and I ran into this issue myself and this is worth of its own thread.

I need to put into my work many pieces of source code like this [1].

There are extremely important spaces (I would like to use some gray dot distinguished from the typical dot in a source code), new-lines, and would be great to have a rule with the lines-of-code.

@F @Verbatim works very bad here, it cuts the white-space (most notably at the beginning of the file and line - and this produces incorrect source code).

Also I want to use something different then @Figure for @Diags and @Tables for @Tbl, so I decided to use the @Floater tag. Is possible to rename @Floater into "Code listing" without editing the source code of the generic includes? Or maybe is there a better way for this task?

Of course I can try to imitate that all with hand-made table with two columns and hard-coded white-spaces. But this makes more problems then just putting a TIFF with formatted code listing into the work.

Regards,

[1] http://ideology.com.au/r?polyglot/polyglot.txt from http://ideology.com.au/polyglot/ (license dedicates the work to public domain)