lout-users

Re: Experiences with Lout

From: Valery Ushakov
Subject: Re: Experiences with Lout
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 00:36:00 +0400

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 20:20:05 +0200, Joerg Jung wrote:

> - Overheads: with @Lectures the default @OverheadNumInDisplays { No } seems
>   not to be applied.

There's a typo in slidesf in def @Overhead invocation of
@LargeScaleStructure, the at-sign is lost in:

  indisplays { OverheadNumInDisplays }

> - @*NumberedDisplay number format: left side numbers are not possible :(

Looks like unedited copy-paste in bsf.

> - I personally think the Plain and PDF export is useless and can be
>   dropped.  Both work only very limited and there are tools
>   available to convert from PS to PDF to TXT and back.

Isn't it a bit rash to dismiss a feature that you don't use as
universally useless?

I personally find plain text extremely useful for debugging
definitions or doing a quick test (lout -p -s | cat -s).

Other people find PDF useful because when you need to generate simple
PDFs well within limitations of the pdf backend, you save time/space
on not having ghostscript around.

-uwe