lout-users

Re: prg2lout raw mode

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: prg2lout raw mode
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 06:49:03 +1100

David,

I haven't thought about the ins and outs of this stuff for years.
However, I was able to get

    @SysInclude { doc }
    @SysInclude { pod }
    @Use { @Pod {} }
    @Document
        @InitialBreak { lines 1.2fx nohyphen }
    //
    @Text @Begin
    @LP
    @Include{ prg2lout.output }
    @End @Text

to work for me.  The problem is, when you use @Pod directly it
does two things:  it passes the text through prg2lout, and it
opens the pod package to make the symbols inside it available.
You are doing the first of these things yourself, but then
no-one was doing the second.

The symbols made available by @Use { @Pod {} } are

    @PV @PPG @PLG @PLI @PLRI @PLLW @PLL @PHA @PHB @PHC
    @PFI @PFB @PFC @PFF @PFL @PFX @A "$>" @PL

Let's hope they don't conflict with any other symbols lying
about.  I don't think they do.  Another option that ought to
work is

    { @Pod {} } @Open {
    @Include{ prg2lout.output }
    }

although I didn't try it.  It has the advantage of making
those symbols visible only where they are wanted.

There are options on the @Pod symbol for controlling fonts
and stuff, you can use them inside the @Use or @Open clauses
to fiddle with the format of what is being printed.

Jeff