lout-users

Re: Margin kerning, inter-sentence spacing and drawings

From: Matej Nanut
Subject: Re: Margin kerning, inter-sentence spacing and drawings
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:13:20 +0200

Thanks for the reply. I think I will live without margin kerning for
the moment. While the feature is nice, it's only really noticeable in
very narrow columns, which I don't intend to use soon.

As for spacing between sentences, I will use the "compress" @Space
option and manually insert "~~" (or some other symbol that I'll
define) with a definable amount of spacing. Either way, I've read all
over the internet that double-spacing is not to be used anymore in
modern typography, but many people also disagree. There was not much
mention of x1.3 spacing or similiar, though. (I myself am not sure
where I stand on this argument.)

Matej.