lout-users

Re: Trouble with paragraph duplication

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: Trouble with paragraph duplication
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:08:45 -0500

Martin Senft :
> That is true, but I am still confused that no paragraph breaking takes
> place in this case. Also, when I use the @Wide command inside the
> @Lorem definition or around its invocation, It breaks as expected.
> However, when I use @Wide around @Lorem @Lorem, I get the same error
> as without using @Wide. What is the rule here that decides when to
> break lines in the contents of the @Lorem definition?

The way I understand it, you are trying to put 2 objects side by side.
They are too large for that, causing the error. If now you resize them,
individually, using @Wide, they might fit (depending on the width you
specify).
Putting @Wide _around_ the dual invocation of @Lorem is reducing the
width available to the already too large juxtaposition. Why should it
get rid of the error? If anything it would create a problem if there
wasn't already one.

--
Pierre