lout-users

Re: Gaps in some @Math symbols?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Gaps in some @Math symbols?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:49:28 +0200

Hi,

Colin Klipsch <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sep 27, 2008, at 11:27 PM, Jeff Kingston wrote:
>
>>> Under the new v3.37, I'm seeing small gaps in some of the @Math
>>> symbols that are composed from simpler glyphs...
>>
>> Colin, I viewed your own PostScript file (gaps.ps) here and also
>> printed it out.  I saw no gaps at all.  I think you have a font
>> substitution problem.
>
> Thanks for checking that out.
>
> The only Symbol font I'm aware of on my system is Apple's own.

Apple's `Symbol' font is noticeably different from Adobe's.

I would recommend using URW++'s version, which is visually the same as
Adobe's but is free and ships with Ghostscript.  To do so, you can for
instance convert your PostScript file to PDF such that all required
fonts are included:

  $ ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress foo.ps

The resulting PDF file should use the right font.

Thanks,
Ludo'.