lout-users

Re: next release of Lout is approaching (mingw vs cygwin)

From: Bruce Horrocks
Subject: Re: next release of Lout is approaching (mingw vs cygwin)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:58:38 +0100

KHMan wrote:
I welcome comments, and for now, I treat the MinGW Lout as a custom port that won't go into mainline. But I am seriously thinking now that pushing Win32 Lout users to Cygwin and end-of-life'ing the MinGW port is the best long term plan.

Sorry for the late reply - I've been away.

I don't really mind the change to Cygwin but I'm not clear what you intend to provide. Is it:

1) Lout source only with "Cygwin compatible" make files. [Meaning that the end-user has to install Cygwin (including compilers) and build their own executable?]

2) Pre-built Lout binary. [Meaning that the end-user has to download and install a "run only" Cygwin configuration?]

3) Pre-built Lout binary plus the minimum Cygwin needed to run it. [Meaning that the end-user only has a single installer to download and run?]

My preference would be 3 then 2 then 1.

Regards,
--
Bruce Horrocks