lout-users

Fatal error

From: Jani Alanko
Subject: Fatal error
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:10:22 +0300

I have a fresh install of lout (well, fresh in the sense that it's been there
for a while, but I just haven't used it) and I bumped to the following error
when compiling a small document:

lout file "/usr/lib/lout/include/bsf" (from "doc" line 17, from "cv.lout" line
1): 486,7: fatal error: cannot write to database file
/usr/lib/lout/data/standard.lix

So, I compiled the document as root and all went fine.

Then, after changing the owner of the generated file lout.li from root to me
everything went fine as a normal user.

This is apparently a bug that dates back to 2000 or something, at least
according to what I found with google.

Or something. Not a big issue though, as it seems to appear only once.

--
Jani Alanko <address@hidden>