lout-users

parameter of @High

From: Antonio Regidor García
Subject: parameter of @High
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:08:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I started using lout this month and I have some problems. I'm trying to
implement latex's \vfill
command, and I'm using something like this:

address@hidden - @othernumber} @High {text1} text2

But lout complaints "width is not a simple word". Why has @High this
restriction? How can I bypass
it?

Using a fixed length is cumbersome, because I'm calling lout from another
program and the document
contents are generated at runtime. The two numbers don't depend on text1 and
text2, but on the
type of document (multiple types of invoices etc.). I'd prefer to use a single
formula depending
on a parameter (namely, text2's number of lines, wich is fixed for each type of
document) than
multiple hard-coded values.

Also, I can't use:

text1
@Place
 x {...}
 y {...}
text2

because text2 uses my command @Hfill (defined by def @Hfill {" " @Hfill}) and
lout doesn't
terminate if I use @Place.

I'm using lout 3.36 on windows.

Regards,

Antonio Regidor Garcia

¿Con Mascota por primera vez? Sé un mejor Amigo. Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas
http://es.answers.yahoo.com/info/welcome