lout-users

Re: Converting 3.36 user guide to PDF

From: Kein-Hong Man
Subject: Re: Converting 3.36 user guide to PDF
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:26:42 +0800

Mark Summerfield wrote:
> On 2008-01-07, Kein-Hong Man wrote:
>> Mark Summerfield wrote:
>>> The lout web site (http://lout.sourceforge.net) always seems to be
>>> out-of-date and seems to be impossible to update. The other lout web
>>> site (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lout) does seem to be up-to-date
>>> except that it links to an invalid web page for the project's web site.
>> As far as my status on the Lout SF project goes: There are a few
>> project admins, and I have dev permissions only. That said, I for
>> one can't commit to maintaining a website, so perhaps someone can
>> do away with the SF website and make it point somewhere proper,
>> where the 'somewhere proper' should ideally be a maintained
>> website. I dunno what's the best way to optimize this...
>> [snip snip]
>>
>>> I am trying to keep copies of recent lout versions + PDFs of the user
>>> guide on my own site:
>>> http://www.qtrac.eu/lout.html
>
> Actually, now that I've seen your lout.sourceforge.net page, I'm no
> longer keeping my own copies, I'm just pointing to your site instead.
> But I wish someone would kill the lout.sourceforge.net page or at least
> make it redirect to lout.sourceforge.net.

Uh. Well, I don't know who is in charge of that page, I guess no
one. I've been fiddling with file releases only. Never touched the
web pages. There was a wiki of sorts I think a few years ago, but
it's been ages since I've kept track of it.

So I guess the initiative is with you. Perhaps you can redirect it
-- if you can get hold of one of the admins, or seize control of
it yourself for convenience rather than maintain a site somewhere
else. I dunno, ideally one or more of the project admins should
speak up -- I'm not in the loop.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)