lout-users

Re: Extended options in headers and footers

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Extended options in headers and footers
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:12:02 +1100

> how can I modify the headers and footers to include for
> example the author's name, the institution, or any other
> information that was specified before.

For a single document you can just retype the information
within the page headers options of your own copy of the
"report" header file (or any similar header file).  Copy
this file as described in Section 3.2 of the user's guide,
and change the @OddTop and similar options as described
in Section 4.4.  For example, to

    @OddTop { @Date @Centre { Adrien Feix } @Right @PageNum }

or whatever you want.

There is no simple way to set up a format once and for all
that re-uses the @Author and @Institution fields of the
@Report symbol.  The only way I can think of off-hand is
rather clumsy, but here it goes.  Make your main file look
like this:

    def @Auth { Adrien Feix }
    def @Inst { Australian Bureau of Meteorology }
    @Include { myreport }
    @Report
        @Author { @Auth }
        @Institution { @Inst }
    //

and inside myreport put

  @OddTop { @Inst @Centre { @Auth } @Right @PageNum }

or whatever.  I haven't tried it but it should work.

Jeff Kingston