lout-users

Re: Formatting in table going wrong?

From: Dave Baldwin
Subject: Re: Formatting in table going wrong?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:44:14 +0100

On 23 Apr 2007, at 21:11, Jeff Kingston wrote:

I tried using @LP instead of @LLP and didn't see any difference.

That's funny, it worked for me when I tried it before, and also
when I tried again just now.  If you want to pursue it, post another
Lout source document.

The text and resulting ps file enclosed.

I am running on Mac OS X 10.4.9 on a Power PC G4.

lout -V gives:
Basser Lout Version 3.35 (April 2007)
Basser Lout written by:      Jeffrey H. Kingston (address@hidden)
Free source available from:  ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout
This executable compiled:    15:04:39 Apr 18 2007
System include directory:    /usr/local/lout.lib/include
System database directory:   /usr/local/lout.lib/data
Database index files created afresh automatically: yes
Safe execution (disabling system()) is default: no
strcoll() used for sorting by default: yes
PDF compression on: no
Debugging (-d, -dd, -ddd flags) available: no

Basser Lout comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions.  For
details on both points, consult the GNU General
Public License (distributed with this software).

I am happy to build a debug build and send a trace or anything else you may need if the problem turns out to be system specific.

I wanted to specify the column widths as I have lots
of tables and wanted them all to look consistent.

Yes; but you would still get consistency if you let Lout choose
the width of one column (the widest one).

This doesn't seem to be true if there isn't enough text in the widest column to force the table to expand to the width of the page.

Reducing the width of the last column fixed these problems.

Good.

Jeff