lout-users

next version of Lout

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: next version of Lout
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 07:38:20 +1100

There have been several bug reports and requests on the list, so I
have begun work on yet another release of Lout.  So far I have
allowed precedences and associativities to be macro calls, and
implemented coloured underlines (and yes, the underline now
overstrikes all the words underlined, including the last word).

My main motive though for starting a new release was the report
that @IncludeGraphicRepeated had been broken by changes made in
Version 3.34.  Fixing this is proving quite demoralizing, since it is
right in the middle of PostScript's weaknesses.  I'm now generating
PostScript that runs through Linux gs successfully (e.g. ps2pdf
produces a fine PDF file), but which causes KGhostView to hang and
causes Evince to print the first page correctly but the second page
blank.  My printer won't print the file either.  As a last resort I
could fall back to the pre-3.34 method for @IncludeGraphicRepeated
only, but I'll spend more time on the problem first.

Anyway I'll be away for a week or so from today, on holiday.  I'll
look systematically through all the postings since the last release
when I get back.

Jeff