lout-users

Re: Illustrations containing tables

From: Mike Walter
Subject: Re: Illustrations containing tables
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:41:09 -0500

Thank You.

I was using the @Box idea as a temporary solution until I could find away to avoid it. I didn't think of using the margins ( || // ) within an illustration, they work perfectly.

Jeff Kingston wrote:
In the user's guide, in the chapter on tables, the section
on rules explains that Lout draws table rules just to the
right and just below the boundaries of cells.  This is why
you lose these rules in an EPS file.

A simple way to avoid this is to enclose the table in a
box with a small margin:  @Box margin { 2p } @Tbl ...
and so on.  Of course, this will put a small extra space
all around the table, apparently more at the top and left
than at the bottom and right.  If that doesn't work for
you, you will need to find the exact width of the rule
and add that much at the bottom and right, for example
like this:

    @Tbl { ... } ||1p //1p

which uses the || and // symbols from the Expert's Guide.

I can circumvent a portion of the issue by making
the illustration slightly larger than the table, but
when I do this the top ends up cutting off.

Not sure about this, something is wrong somewhere.
If it is still wrong after you've checked it, post
your Lout source and I will look at it.

Jeff