lout-users

Re: Including the same file more than once

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Including the same file more than once
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:48:02 +1100

> how can I include the same file more than once?
> When I try to do that, lout discards the @Include,
> but the first one.
>
> Many thanks
> Benoit

I've now had time to look at this more closely.  It turns
out to be a feature, not a bug.  It was added rather hastily
to simplify the handling of files of definitions that include
other files of definitions, and documented in the Expert's
Guide ($(LOUTLIB)/doc/expert/outfile.ps, in the section
on @Include) but not in the User's Guide.

In retrospect it could have been handled better, but I'm
not going to change it now.  I have however added a paragraph
to the section of the User's Guide that describes @Include
("Organizing Large Documents") describing the problem and
recommending the use of a definition rather than @Include
for repeated material.

Jeff