lout-users

Re: rragged paragraph breaking style

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: rragged paragraph breaking style
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:38:05 +1100

> I believe the `if' condition there is too large, hence
> the patch.  It fixes the problem and doesn't *seem* to
> introduce new ones.  Jeff, can you review this?

OK, I'll look into it for the next release.

The question is whether a single word constitutes a paragraph
or not.  I believe I have oscillated at various times between
considering it to be a paragraph, and not.  If it's not a
paragraph, then the rragged style etc. does not apply to it.

You can always work around this problem by ensuring that you
have a paragraph of at least two objects, e.g. by replacing

by

   a & ""

which is a paragraph of two words, the second of which is empty
and immediately adjacent to the first.

Jeff