lout-users

Re: content-layout,a minor problem

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: content-layout,a minor problem
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:30:46 +1100

> The first line on the second page of the content-part beginns like
> normal text directly at the top of the page, which does not look
> quite so good, especially if there are only a few lines left.

You're entitle to your opinion, obviously, but this is the way it
is always done.  A glance at virtually any document will confirm this.

> The content is made automatically, so I see no possibility to
> insert additional space at the top of the second page. Does anybody
> know a solution for this (minor) problem?

No easy solution.  You could use the running headers options to
achieve it, since the first page is a Start page and subsequent
pages are non-Start pages.  Or you could use the @SetHeaderComponent
symbol from the Expert's Guide:

    @Heading { My Document }
    //
    2v @SetHeaderComponent {}
    @PP
    This text will have 2v's worth of blank space above it on
    the second and subsequent pages.

Hmm, perhaps this qualifies as an easy solution.  I haven't tested it.

> If you have compiled your document, then you know with which
> chapter-line the second page of the content starts. Would there
> be a possibility to change parameters in this perticular chapter,
> so that for the heading additional space appears in the content
> but not in the chapter itself?

I can't follow this, but I'm pretty sure that if I could the answer
would be No.

Jeff