lout-users

Re: Guillemet

From: Benoit Bidoggia
Subject: Re: Guillemet
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:05:27 +0100

Hi, I thought that the empy braces were useful
when you do something like this:

@LP
Le renard~: <<~Ah, monsieur ... beau~>>.

I read that in French the "double signs", like
", <<, >>, ?, !, ;, :, have to be preceded by
a fixed space, I use ~.

In Italian this is not necessary since there isn't
such extra space.

Best regards,
Benoit