lout-users

Re: @ListItem and @NumberOf

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: @ListItem and @NumberOf
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:34:35 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

address@hidden (Jeff Kingston) writes:

>> Cross referencing of list items yields just the number of the item,
>> in Arabic, Roman, or whatever
>>
>> ... However, in fact it seems to always produce the number of the
>> item, regardless of the list type.

[...]

> then formats that according to style.  So the problem
> might be fixable by changing the line to
>
>     @NumberMarker @Value { type num }
>     {style type num} &0io
>
> I'm not sure why I didn't carry it through, perhaps
> I forgot, or perhaps something else went wrong.
>
> You could try it yourself if you like, otherwise
> when I come back to this mail while preparing the
> next Lout release I'll try it myself.

I just did a quick test, and it seems to work, at least for my test
case---thanks a lot!  It's getting late on this side of the globe, so
I'll defer further testing till tomorrow.

Greetings

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <address@hidden>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt>