lout-users

Re: multilevel lists

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: multilevel lists
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 06:57:34 +1100

> Would you please give me an idea on how I could create in Lout the
> multilevel lists such as:
>
>   1.     One
>            1.1    One one
>            1.2    One two

There is no convenient way to do this.  With some trouble you
could do it by utilizing the "style" attribute of the list
symbol together with the @Tag option of the @LI symbol.  The
result would be correct and all the numbers would be inserted
automatically, but it would be ugly.

In cases like this the most viable option is to get to like
whatever the system does provide, rather than pining for
what it doesn't.

If your lists are very large, perhaps they are really sections
and subsections.  Sections and subsections do allow this kind
of numbering, although their format is different.

Jeff Kingston