lout-users

Re: Lout home page on SF

From: Reimer Behrends
Subject: Re: Lout home page on SF
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 06:07:35 -0500

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:22:59AM +0100, Remo D. wrote:
> Hi everybody! I noticed that someone hijacked the Lout homepage on
> SourceForge! Can someone restore the original one?

I did my best (and also removed spam links from a couple of other
pages). Unfortunately, the version of PmWiki being used is a rather
ancient one, and restoring the correct version did not work, so I had to
cobble something together; but at the very least it should be fairly
close to the original and usable.

> BTW, is it necessary to have the wiki opened for editing to anyone? May
> suggest to restrict editing to a pool of "trusted" user?

If nobody actively monitors the wiki, that seems like a good idea. A
simple partial solution would be to require entering a publicly
available password (which sounds odd, but it would at the very least
eliminate automated spamming attempts, while keeping the wiki editable).

[...]

                        Reimer Behrends