lout-users

Text-only output by language?

From: Gabor Greif
Subject: Text-only output by language?
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:49:00 +0100

Hi all!

I gather that the text-only backend of lout cannot
selectively output just for a specific language.

What I have in mind is a literal-programming style
system, where I can distill just the (say) eiffel portions
from the document and feed it into a compiler.

For this reason also a @SourceLineNumber symbol
would be _very_ handy, so that "#line XXX"-style
directives could be output into the result. (Similarly
@SourceFileName.) This is needed for symbolic
debugging.

What do you think?

Thanks for answers in advance,