lout-users

Re: Lout website

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Lout website
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 13:05:14 +0200

Le vendredi, 1 aoû 2003, à 01:17 Europe/Paris, Franck Arnaud a écrit :

I think I can easily configure my web server to do a re-direct to the
sourceforge web site, though I've not actually done that in a few years! ;=

If the website maintainer wants to stay on sourceforge, it is
possible to have www.lout.xyz DNS point to the sourceforge machine
and then configure sourceforge to recognise it (via sourceforge's
Vhost feature). This would be much neater as redirection breaks
URLs and bookmarking (either simple redirect, where the canonical
URL disappears, or the horrible framed redirects, which hide all
page URLs). I or another SF lout project admin can set it up (on
sourceforge's side) when the domain is ready.

I'm not sure to have enough privileges on the SF admin site to do so, but there are a few questions which should be clarified first:

*) What do we want to be hosted on SourceForge
   [ ] Website
   [ ] Mailing-list
   [ ] File releases
   [ ] Documentation

*) Do we want to have a lout-dedicated domain (e.g. loug.info)

Once this is clear, I think we can see how to actually do it :)

Cheers,

 -- Sébastien

 --
«Big lies, big times / This love is not what we're about / It's
too late, and I'm too straight / It's time to blow this fire