lout-users

Re: Proportional fonts

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:38:43 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Friday, August 1, 2003 at 08:29:56 (+1100), Jeff Kingston wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
>
> > Just to notify you that I changed the fonts to be proportional, but I
> > would first like to know if it is OK for everyone
>
> Fine here at home on my Linux box running (gulp!) Netscape.

I didn't see the message Jeff responded to (perhaps it's still on its
way as my mailer seems very overloaded with junk mail today).

In any case I see you've got a "font-size: 80%" for the whole body in
the style sheet.  This causes the whole page to have fonts 20% smaller
than the user would desire.  You need to get rid of this to make things
look reasonable with porportional fonts.

> When I view source these entries are not separated by <br> as
> I would expect, they are separated by <br/>.

I'm not an HTML expert, but:

"<br/>" is an invalid tag.  It should indeed be just "<br>".

There are also a lot of "<p />" tags which are, IIUC, invalid in HTML-4
where every paragraph must begin with a "<P>" tag and end with a "</P>"
tag.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <address@hidden>