lout-users

Re: next version of Lout

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: next version of Lout
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:49:37 +0000

On Thursday 12 December 2002 02:15, Jeff Kingston wrote:
> I would like to put out a version of Lout that I can trust before
> Christmas.  To do that I need the following:
>
> * Reports of usage of 3.27 on DOS, particularly reading and
>   writing various file types (databases, .eps, etc) and
>   using versions of the files transported without conversion
>   from Unix and/or Mac.  I can only test on Unix here, and
>   I would love to hear that all these new conveniences are
>   actually working;
>
> * Translations of the word Glossary into your favourite
>   Lout-supported language; at present I have only English
>   and German versions of this new (to Lout) word.  If
>   you want to check the general status of Lout's database
>   of language-specific words, file $LOUTLIB/data/standard.ld
>   has the full set;
>
> * Any other problems not already reported.

Although I would dearly like to use textures, they don't work with the
tools I use. Would it be possible to add a --notextures command line
option so that even if, for example, I louted the user guide, so long as
I used this option I'd just get white background rather than textures?
Of course I can simply not use textures in my documents and I can hand
fix the user guide; but where I'm particularly concerned is for using
@Illustration to generate diagrams that I later include in other lout
documents.

--
Mark.