lout-users

Lout and column-width footnotes under full-width text

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Lout and column-width footnotes under full-width text
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:11:18 +1100

As I think I may have said in a response at the time, I could do this
at a basic level but Lout would not be able to work out how to fill
both footnote columns effectively:  it would fill the first up very
high and then have no content to put in the second footnote column.
What's required, basically, is a feature that keeps the two columns
equally filled as they grow, and Lout does not have this.  So I'm not
going to do anything about this problem now.  It's interesting though
and I intend to use it as a test case of optimal layout in Nonpareil.

Jeff Kingston