lout-users

Re: Nonpareil

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Nonpareil
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:23:40 +1000

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:56:04 +0200, Sébastien Pierre wrote:

  > Hi Jeff!
  >
  > I just have a small question: will the edited document object model be
  > accessible so that possible conversion to other formats such as XML
  > would be possible?
  >
  >    -- Sébastien

Yes.

Nonpareil will be a language as well as a program, just like Lout
is, and when a document is saved it will be by default in the
Nonpareil format.  Although I don't feel obliged to actually
use XML (I'm not a fan), clearly the Nonpareil format is going
to be a large structured literal like XML is, with opportunities
for conversion.  The structure will be much more tightly defined
than Lout is (there isn't really a Lout grammar, but there will
certainly be a Nonpareil grammar), making conversion quite feasible.

Jeff Kingston