lout-users

Contents formatting oddity

From: slomium
Subject: Contents formatting oddity
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 02:14:41 +0000

Jeff,

When using the book format to generate a table of contents, one typically gets
something like the following:

Typical Contents Entry . . . . . . . . PgNum

This is all fine and good and as expected.  But, in cases where one has a very
long title for the entry in the table of contents, taking up the full line, one
gets something like the following:

Less typical very long contents entry

So, instead of just putting the page number, with no leader, after the text
portion of the entry, one gets a whole line of leader and a page number.

This behaviour seems less than desirable.  Or, I would have expected the
following:

Less typical very long contents entry PgNum

Could this be fixed for the forthcoming stable release?  If you need me to
supply sample lout code, let me know.

Thanks,
Dave