lout-users

Re: macros vs definitions vs. parameters

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: macros vs definitions vs. parameters
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:53:12 +1100

I've only read your stuff briefly, but if what you are looking
for is a way toinclude a Lout length inside some PostScript
and get it handled correctly, you could pass it to PostScript
as a string with a conversion command attached:

    "("@FootLength") cvt_lout_to_ps"

and write a PostScript routine to do the conversion.

However I'm not sure that @Place is the way to do this stuff.
As I said, I have not read your mail closely, but have you
looked at @PageBackground (or whatever it's called)?  I
expect you rejected that because the background does not
extend into the margins.  But what about having margins
of size 0 and using @PageEnclose?

Hope these suggestions help.

Jeff Kingston