lout-users

Re: How do I ignore DOS carriage returns?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: How do I ignore DOS carriage returns?
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:05:38 +0400

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 09:23:19 -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> I've had to start using lout under windows and I built lout-3.25
> with the cygwin gcc compiler without too much trouble.  The only
> problem I have is with input files that have returns and newlines
> characters.  Is there a makefile option that can help me with the
> windows environment?

Last time I tried (quite some tiem ago) cygwin's ftell had issues with
dos line endings.  You can either try to use unix line endings and
compile with UNIX=1 (haven't tried that) or use a windows compiler if
you want to use dos line endings in your files.

Makefiles for MS VC and LCC (free of charge win32 compiler) can be
found at:

ftp://ftp.ptc.spbu.ru/pub/textproc/lout/binaries/win32/src/

SY, Uwe