lout-users

Re: Does anyone have Lout running on Mac OSX?

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: Does anyone have Lout running on Mac OSX?
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:25:59 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Les Bonser wrote:

> I'm trying to compile and run Lout 3.25 on the Unix underpinnings of OSX
> 10.1.
>
> The program compiles, but when it gets to the -x stage during "make
> install", it comes up with a bunch of errors:
>
> (c) Initializing run (should be silent, no errors expected)
> /usr/local/bin/lout -x -s /usr/local/lib/include/init
> lout file "langdefs" (from "/usr/local/lib/include/init" line 14):
>      1,0: cannot open file langdefs
> lout file "bsf" (from "/usr/local/lib/include/init" line 15):
[...]

I don't know if it's the same problem I had
under Linux during the first installation
of lout. I think the installation-file/makefile
doesn't create some of the directories.

Maybe changing the makefile with insertion of
some mkdir-commands, or adding some command line options
for mkdir or copy (or install)?

After the directories are, where they have to be,
the installatio should work.

But maybe my problem only was in older lout-distributions.

To find the problem, look if the files, mentioned in the
error message are where lout expects them.
If so, then maybe the permissions are not set right.
If the files are not there, then maybe the problem with
the directories is worth thinking about.

Ciao,
   Oliver