lout-users

Re: newbie question regarding tables

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: newbie question regarding tables
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:12:45 +1000

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:42:06 +0200, Henning von Bargen wrote:

  > Hi all!
  > I've tried creating a simple document with tables,
  > because I want to see if lout can handle multi-page tables
  > the way I expect.
  > However, the following input file results in an error message:
  >     19,2: @BeginHeaderComponent symbol ignored (out of place)
  >     40,2: @EndHeaderComponent symbol ignored (out of place)
  >
  > What does it mean? What is wrong with this file?
  > I compared it with the example in the user's guide (pp 124-125)
  > and could not a big difference.
  > FYI I'm using lout 3.2.4 on Windows NT.
  >
  > Henning
  >
  > @PP
  > @Tbl
  >  aformat { @Cell A | @Cell B | @Cell C }
  > {
  >  @Rowd
  >   A { Erdteil }
  >   B { Staat }
  >   C { Land }
  >   rulebelow { yes }

At a guess I would say it had a lot to do with the @PP preceding the
@Tbl symbol.  I suspect you don't really want your table to be the
first word in a paragraph of text, so change it to @DP.

After you do that you will probably get a core dump, because running
header rows in tables are broken at the moment.  I'm working on the
next release now and hope to fix this problem, but I can't give a
firm guarantee that I will.

Jeff Kingston