lout-users

Re: LOUT and XML

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: LOUT and XML
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:16:55 +0200

Il Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:33:09 +0200, Ian Carr-de Avelon scriveva:

>Just at the moment a chain which goes (or appears to go):
>IndustryXML-XSLT->HouseXML-XSLT->HouseLoutXLT->LoutXLT->paper
>angle brackets-angle brackets->angle brackets-angle brackets->angle
>brackets-angle brackets->angle brackets->GOAL/game over/you shall go
>to the ball
>is a "unique selling proposition."

I can't actually get the point (other than it was "O, Lout's great, you
see: it's XMLish!!"). I think I could say "Latin1 -> Latin1 -> Latin1", but
this doesn't help me so much in translating French to German to English.
Other than I haven't to learn a new alphabet, that's great I agree, but
then I'm still facing the same translation problem.

If I don't understand Russian, I wouldn't still understand it were it
written in Latin alphabet.

Similarly, I can't understand why having all those "angle brackets" hanging
over all the time could sensibly relieve my pain in document production.

Ciao.