lout-users

A meter/measure-paper

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: A meter/measure-paper
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:02:20 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I want to create a paper with lines for measures/meters.

I want to use it as a helping tool in writing dance-notations.

It should be possible to give the numers of measures
and the meter (4/4, 3/4, 5/4, 6/8, 13/11 etc.).

I want the measures in thicker lines and the meter in
thinner lines. If the measures and meters are numerized,
it would be good.

        4 ==================================
       (4)----------------------------------
       (3)----------------------------------
       (2)----------------------------------
        3 ==================================
       (4)----------------------------------
       (3)----------------------------------
       (2)----------------------------------
        2 ==================================
       (4)----------------------------------
       (3)----------------------------------
       (2)----------------------------------

Example with 4 measures of 4/4-meter.

The numbers in parantheses should be written small,
and maybe italic, but that is not my main problem.

The main problem is: How can I create such lines
easy with lout? Graphical loops... I'm not very
experienced with lout.

Any hint would be a good help.

ThanX In Advance,
             Oliver