lout-users

Re: [lout] Digest Number 248

From: Franck Arnaud
Subject: Re: [lout] Digest Number 248
Date: 29 Jul 2001 21:15:32 GMT

> properly rasterize TrueType fonts in all other respects. (Neither does
> the Freetype library interpret hints, by the way -- as I understand it,
> they are using an autohinter).

The freetype library has got a hint interpreter for ages. They were
experimenting with a autohinter to replace it because of the patent
concern, but I doubt most freetype libraries actually in production
have the autohinter (I'm not even sure the autohinter is in stable
versions at all).

--
address@hidden