lout-users

Why does Lout insert @Scale when I insert an @LLP?

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Why does Lout insert @Scale when I insert an @LLP?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:49:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have a two-column document with a tagged list which has several
entries like:

   @DropTagItem { @B { TAG... } }
   lines @Break {
   text...
   text...
   }

It prints fine except that a few tags are exceptionally long.  So I
added an @LLP into a few of them.  Instead of wrapping the heading and
pushing everything down, it wraps the heading then decides things won't
fit and decides to scale.  Why?  I don't have anything telling Lout that
an item is unbreakable, and they all broke across columns or pages
before I added the @LLP.

Can anyone please tell me how to get it to simply wrap the tags not
scale?  Thanks.

P.S. The tags broken across two lines also overwrite part of the first
     line of text following the tag, but I've solved that elsewhere
     by adding a /0.075i after the tag. Is there a better way?