lout-users

Re: Mark Shield's louteq

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Mark Shield's louteq
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:28:59 +0400

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 15:30:17 +0200, Frank Atanassow wrote:

> BTW, I have a technical question. I have two objects A and B, and A is (in
> general) wider than B. I want to vertically concatenate them, A on top of B,
> but the result should only be as wide as B; consequently A will usually stick
> out of the sides of the box, but I don't mind that. How do I do it?

Concatenate A horizontally with an empty (i.e. zero width) object in
overstrike mode (with A being at the RHS), then concatenate B below
the result.  (Grep $LOUTLIB/include for ZeroWidth for some examples).

Something along the lines of

    { {} ||0io A }
    //

I would give you a working example, but we have a little TGIF over
here... ;-)

SY, Uwe