lout-users

Re: Lecture number

From: Isaac Kar-Keung To
Subject: Re: Lecture number
Date: 27 Feb 2001 08:34:07 +0800

    Valeriy> @FirstLectureNumber { "10" }

    Valeriy> The problem seems to be that for (unquoted) 10 Lout is too lazy
    Valeriy> (in the functional programming sense) and so when it comes to
    Valeriy> writing the number to the xref database it is still "too
    Valeriy> complex" an object and so only "???" placeholder is written to
    Valeriy> *.ld file.

Oh... get it.  Before that I've tried { 10 } instead of a plain 10, and that
failed.  Of course the ld file is not supposed to hold some arbitrary lout
object in it.  Perhaps in the default file we can write "1" instead of a
plain 1 in order to avoid some silly guys like me to step into it.  Thanks!

    Valeriy> Well, I thought that Jeff would answer it, I guess Jeff thought
    Valeriy> that I would do it, and everyone else thought that either Jeff
    Valeriy> or me would do it.  So I'd like to encourage people to try to
    Valeriy> answer others questions.  We definitely need more
    Valeriy> just-another-lout-hacker-s.

I feel it this way too.  On the other hand, I think that just an answer like
"I see this too" might help a lot already: at least I know that the mail is
being taken care of.

    Valeriy> It would be nice if someone can step up and continue the work
    Valeriy> on FAQ and, perhaps, code snippets library (like picture
    Valeriy> flowing) and so on...  Mail me privately if you're interested.

I really want to help out, but my current load does not allow that.  Last
time I agreed to help with the GNU latex manual, but I failed to fulfill my
promise.  So I'll delay promising on anything until I really get some time
to spend.

Regards,
Isaac.