lout-users

[Isaac Kar-Keung To <address@hidden>] Lecture number

From: Isaac Kar-Keung To
Subject: [Isaac Kar-Keung To <address@hidden>] Lecture number
Date: 25 Feb 2001 15:28:44 +0800

Hi,

It seems that nobody have taken care of my post...  Is there anyone looking
at it and try to see what has happened?  (In fact, the mere fact that it can
happen amuse me already: lout normally do not treat words as composed of
individual characters, so it is strange that something that work for single
digit numbers fails horribly with two-digit numbers.)

Even if you can just confirm my problem, please let me know.

BTW, I'm using the Debian version of the package, and lout -V show this:

Basser Lout Version 3.24 (October 2000)
Basser Lout written by:      Jeffrey H. Kingston (address@hidden)
Free source available from:  ftp://ftp.cs.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout
This executable compiled:    20:59:24 Oct 26 2000
System include directory:    /usr/share/lout/include
System database directory:   /usr/share/lout/data
Database index files created afresh automatically: yes
Safe execution (disabling system()) is default: yes
strcoll() used for sorting by default: yes
PDF compression on: yes
Debugging (-d, -dd, -ddd flags) available: no

Basser Lout comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions.  For
details on both points, consult the GNU General
Public License (distributed with this software).

Regards,
Isaac.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Lecture number Date: 20 Feb 2001 10:52:53 +0800
Hi all,

I've come up with the following problem: when I try to make a set of
overhead transparencies that contains a double-digit lecture number, the
number fails to show up in the title slide and in any page number.  The
following file nicely show this:

--- test.lt ---
@Include { myslides }

@OverheadTransparencies
//
@Lecture
@Title { Test title } {}
--- End test.lt ---

The only thing to do is to copy the system slidesf to myslidesf and modify
the line

  # @FirstLectureNumber         { 1             } # first lecture num

  @FirstLectureNumber           { 10            } # first lecture num

Instead of "Lecture 10", the generated PS file contains "Lecture ???".
Interestingly, if the start number is 9 and we have 2 lectures, the second
one shows "Lecture 10" successfully.  What happened, and is there any fix?

Regards,
Isaac.