lout-users

[no subject]

From: John Gerard Malecki
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:08:44 -0800

I have a document where i am using an eps logo in the footer.  The
file size for the document is quite large as the inclusion of the eps
file is performed for each page.  Given a 100 page document with a
100k logo this starts to add up quickly.)

Can anyone advise a technique for defining the logo once and
referencing it "symbolically".  I tried defining the logo as an object
but it is still "flattened" when referenced.

This could really be an eps manipulation issue and not a lout issue
but this seems like a good forum to ask.  I took a look at the
pre-defined symbols @Graphic, @Includegraphic and @PrependGraphic but
am not sure how I could best use them to do what i want.

(I'm not familiar with postscript but it seems that i want to take the
eps file and "put it inside of a postscript def, call it logo.  Each
time i want to draw the logo i then use @Graphic{logo}.  This sounds
reasonable but tedious to interface.  Maybe there are some tricks for
the automation?)