lout-users

Re: placing .eps files into lout

From: Mark Hadfield
Subject: Re: placing .eps files into lout
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:37:57 +1300

> The problem seems to be that AI saves a thumbnail image -- if you set
> the save options to have no thumbnail you might be OK. It was some time
> ago that I did this but I did find that by setting the save as options
> correctly I could get a usable eps file. (In the worst case you can
> actually edit the file in a plain text editor and chop out the binary
> stuff...)

As others have pointed out, these thumbnails are usually called preview
images.

There's a program called epstool that's bundled with GSview
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/) and can remove (or add) preview images.

---
Mark Hadfield
address@hidden  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand