lout-users

Re: placing .eps files into lout

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: placing .eps files into lout
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:41:01 +0100

On Wednesday 31 January 2001 23:04, Jackie Brack wrote:
> I'm trying to place an Adobe Illustrator .eps file into my lout
> document, but it keeps giving me an error. For some reason,
> Illustrator .eps files are different from generic .eps files. I
> analyzed the differences, and the Illustrator .eps file is actually a
> "binary" file whereas a generic .eps seems to be ASCII. What's up
> with this?
>
> Any suggestions?

I had exactly the same problem.
The easiest solution I found was to load the thing into Corel Draw and
save from there.

The problem seems to be that AI saves a thumbnail image -- if you set
the save options to have no thumbnail you might be OK. It was some time
ago that I did this but I did find that by setting the save as options
correctly I could get a usable eps file. (In the worst case you can
actually edit the file in a plain text editor and chop out the binary
stuff...)

--
Mark.