lout-users

Re: Latin 2 support

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Latin 2 support
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:21:45 +0300

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 08:11:33 +0100, dr.Eduard Werner (Edward Wornar) wrote:

> > It gets Latin2 fonts defined with those additional composite glyphs
> > defined in "plus" files.
>
> Well, in my example w.o. the additional @InitialFont, it does *not*.
> It simply takes the glyphs with the same ASCII Code from Latin-1.

@InitialFont is separate knob.  It's better to copy a setup file, like
"doc" to, say, "czdoc" and include "latin2" and set pertinent defaults
in that file.  (Consider a Russian document with, say, occasional
Polish quote or two - I would want the fonts to be declared, but I
don't want @InitialFont to be changed automagically.  Smart-alec
configs are only good so far).

> Are there any free Russian fonts around working with lout?

Any correctly named font (i.e. using afii* glyph names) should do.

I suggest to look at archives of our friendly competition at
<ftp://ftp.vsu.ru/pub/tex/font-packs/> and at
<ftp://ftp.logic.ru/pub/linux/russify/fonts/bz/>.

I still can't pull myself together and put final cosmetic tweaks on my
updated LCM's for koi8-r (to support screen-dumps with Courier and a
series of alphabet-compatible koi8-* encodings that cover Russian,
Ukrainian, Belorussian and pre-reform Russian orthography).

SY, Uwe