lout-users

Re: Image formats

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Image formats
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:02:21 +0300

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 19:38:21 +0300, address@hidden wrote:

You must be subscribed to be able to post.  I've forwarded your
message to the list.

> Are there any formats other than EPS which lout can be persuaded to
> accept for illustrations?

Currently - no.  I don't think PS Level 1 (current at the time Lout
was developed) had any support for all those image types (it predates
many of them, I believe).

> What I have at the moment are images in JPG format. I don't want to
> have to do a lot of rescanning if I can help it.

Pipe your images through

    djpeg | pnmtops

to convert to eps.  djpeg(1) is part of standard jpeg distribution
from Independent JPEG Group.  pnmtops(1) is part of netpbm (there's
also a different version of pnmtops written by Jason Black that is
claimed to produce more efficient postscript - I haven't tried).

SY, Uwe