lout-users

Blank pages between sections ending on odd pages

From: slomium
Subject: Blank pages between sections ending on odd pages
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:40:54 +0000

This may describe a bug.

I have a document (which uses the book format) that I
have set the chapter start pages to begin on odd pages.
I have the same header on all pages (start, intro and
non-intro, even and odd).  I have a foreword, table of
contents, list of figures, and list of tables.

My document has some chapters which end on odd pages.
The following even page is blank (no headers) and the
next chapter begins on an odd page.  This behavior seems
correct to me.

My problem lies in the intro pages.  In my document, the
foreword is all on page v, page vi contains only a
header, page vii contains the table of contents, page
viii contains only a header, page ix contains a list of
figures, page x contains only a header, page xi contains
a list of tables, page xii contains only a header.
Chapter 1 then begins on page 1.  This seems incorrect to
me.

I would expect the pages that i describe above as
containing only a header to be blank (like the blank
pages between chapters that end on odd pages) instead of
containing a header.  Is lout behaving correctly?  If so,
is there a way to turn off the headers on the otherwise
blank intro pages that I have described above.

Thanks,

Dave