lout-users

Re: @PageBackground { @Scale 60d @Rotate lightgrey @Colour DRAFT }

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: @PageBackground { @Scale 60d @Rotate lightgrey @Colour DRAFT }
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 23:29:55 +0400

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 11:26:14 -0700, John Gerard Malecki wrote:

> On page 99 of the Lout 3.23 User's Guide Jeff describes the use of the
> @PageBackground option.

That's page 88 ;-)

> I copied the report setup to myreport and tried fooling with this to
> no avail.  Yes, I had to change the angle of rotation but I couldn't
> seem to get the origin of the DRAFT object low on the page.

> I finally used a negative rotation and this works.  Still I am curious
> why i could not get the positive rotation to work well.  Any
> explanations?  Does anyone have any incantation that works for them?

This seems like a bug in 'dsf' introduced when @DoBackground was
replaced by a new code that uses @Background builtin.  @Background
will align marks of its arguments and since page marks goes at the
left and top margins the page background will be pushed up.  The quick
workaround is to add // at the begining of @PageBackground - it will
push the rotated DRAFT down.

Perhaps @OddPage and @EvenPage in 'dsf' should be changed to use

    { // || @PageBackground } @Background