lout-users

"Verse" environment

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: "Verse" environment
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:30:38 +0200

I want to write a "verse" environment, in order to typeset some poetry.

An indented display and a simple "lines @Break" do most of the work; the
problem, though, is how to break long lines that don't fit in the display
width.

I'd like to get, in this case, something like this:

   Non c'era molta acqua nell'uadi, forse
                             [qualche pozzanghera,
   e nella mia cucina poca legna da ardere.

Off course I don't want to worry where to break each line; it should be
possible to write just:

  @Poetry {
    Non c'era molta acqua nell'uadi, forse qualche pozzanghera,
    e nella mia cucina poca legna da ardere.
  }

and having Lout breaking and right justifying long lines.

I think galleys (possibly, galleys of galleys) should solve the problems,
but wasn't able so far to get something working.

Ciao.