lout-users

Section page numbering?

From: Neumann, Matthew C
Subject: Section page numbering?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:33:45 -0500

Is there a way for me to count the number of pages in a section and display
that with a symbol similar to the "@PageOf last.page" symbol?

What I'm doing is generating a document that contains several very long
tables (separated by @NPs, so each starts on a separate page).  Each table
is in its own section.  I'd like to be able to put a header at the top of
each page that has the name of the table (the section @Title) and a "Page x
of n" counter-- where x is the number of pages since the beginning of the
section and n is the number of pages in the section.  I'd also like a small
footer that has the number of the section, a @DashJoin, and the number "x",
the number of pages since the beginning of the section.

Is this possible, or will I be better off creating a separate document for
each table and just concatenating them somehow after lout has processed
everything?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Neumann
Boeing Reusable Space Systems