lout-users

Re: Version 3.23 of Lout now re-installed

From: Jeffrey Howard Kingston
Subject: Re: Version 3.23 of Lout now re-installed
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:57:40 +0100

This is something of an oversight of mine.  I should include an
initializing run of Lout now in the lout.teq distribution, whose
sole real effect would be to create file texfonts.li.  After
creation this file remains constant for ever, since it is just
an index into file texfonts.ld which also remains constant.

Without the initializing run Lout will notice the absence of
the file and create it the first time it is needed.  This might
be a problem if write permission is not available in the
enclosing directory at that time.

File texfonts.lix is a temporary file, existing only while Lout
is running and creating texfonts.li.

Just emphasizing the main point: after the initialization there
is never any writing into system directories, here or anywhere
else in Lout.

Jeff