lout-users

Re: Table strange behaviour

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Table strange behaviour
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:56:42 +0400

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 12:21:04 -0500, Neumann, Matthew C wrote:

> When I use the @CaptionPos {above} symbol, the table suddenly
> expands to take up the whole page.  What am I doing wrong?  If I
> leave the symbol commented out, the table is nice and small.

If the table is all you want - add @Location { AfterLine } to @Table
parameters:

    @Table
     @Location { AfterLine }
     @CaptionPos {above}

What happens is that default @TableLocation is PageTop and there's no
body text that prevents that place to expand to the bottom of the
page.

Alternatively, you can use @VContract @Tbl to prevent @Tbl from
using all that extra space.

I don't think you will encounter behaviour like this in a real
document.  Hope, Jeff will look into internals when he's back from
sightseeing.

Hope that helps.

SY, Uwe